Total Productive Maintenance has a foundation with pillars. These pillars are specific subjects and are connected by the team based approach.
The foundation supports the rest of the building:
- Safety, Health and Environment
- Policy Alignment and Policy Deployment
- Loss Analysis and Overall Equipment Effectiveness: OEE
Behavior and Leadership Style are very important ingredients for TPM to work. It is about teamwork, engagement which also implies delegation of tasks and responsibilities!
The TPM pillars:
- 5S workplace organization and standardization
- Autonomous Maintenance / First Line Maintenance / Operator Driven Reliability
- Training & Education
- Planned Maintenance
- Focused Improvement
- TPM in Office
- Early Equipment Management
- Quality Maintenance